This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

90 frog

Started by usama_90, February 13, 2016 · 9 Replies · 288 Views

usama_90

dear coach 

am in my fourth session in middle split series, how can i improve my frog 90 stretch, and what supplementary work should i do to make sure that i progress correctly in this course 

thank you 

Mark Collins

This is a long term program so be patient. 4 sessions is not long enough to start worrying about lack of progress.

usama_90

thank you for your feed back, do i need to repeat something during the other day or should i just stick to the 45 min session ?

Jonas Berglund

Im borrowing this thread,, during 90s Frog My biggest issue is my left  heal is elevated and My right heal is confortably on the Floor. 

I can push My left heal to the floor IF i focus, and semi-grind.

i see similar unbalance in the piroformis stretch left/right.

Any advice is very welcome. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jonas I think you mean heel. I suggest NOT, internally rotated foot with elevated heel usually means tight adductor which medially rotate the knees, as you progress on middle split specifically you will notice less heel elevation. 

of you try to reduce the heel elevation with tight adductor your risk, for now, to move the compensation to the knee rather than ankle and this is not good.

Jonas Berglund
33 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Jonas I think you mean heel. I suggest NOT, internally rotated foot with elevated heel usually means tight adductor which medially rotate the knees, as you progress on middle split specifically you will notice less heel elevation. 

of you try to reduce the heel elevation with tight adductor your risk, for now, to move the compensation to the knee rather than ankle and this is not good.

Thank you Alessandro, that was helpful and yes I ment heEl :)

should I raise both heels for balance? Like thin blocks under both heels? Or just let it be unbalanced for a while?

should I work my unmobile adductor more than once per week?

Alessandro Mainente

Let them to adjust the position in function of the problem for now.

 

Jonas Berglund

Ok,, last question, should i still strive to fall deeper into the stretch or should i wait until Both heels touch the floor in a relaxed state ?

Alessandro Mainente

as you move deeper probably you will see that heels tend to raise at the same level.

John Kiggundu
On February 13, 2016 at 6:54 PM, Mark Collins said:

This is a long term program so be patient. 4 sessions is not long enough to start worrying about lack of progress.

Completely true @markcollins. @oussammakelladi I'd say consistency in doing the entire series at least once every week is far more important than trying to "fix" a certain weakness you might believe needs extra attention.

Just to give you my personal experience, that nemesis of all nemeses, the pancake roll-throughs, which I used to dread and curse every time I did MSs, I now look forward to, because it seems like after every session I'm able to get deeper into it. But it's taken me over 1 year, and I still have a long way to go.