Hey there,
Just a question about breakfast construction and its impact on insulin sensitivity, fat burning, and cortisol levels. In what little I know, insulin and cortisol seem to travel in opposite directions (not in a simplistically linear fashion but they do impact eachother). For example, eating a good source of carbs at night post-workout (if training in the evening) would serve to bring insulin up, cortisol down, thus aid sleep onset and promote restorative mechanisms.
That said, i wonder if keeping insulin low in the mornings (with a fat/pro breakfast sans carb) might contribute to 2 things 1) higher insulin spike later once carbs are introduced which is also no bueno 2) feed into a higher stress-state in the am leading to a higher level of am cortisol which may be counter productive to fat-burning and metabolism speed.
One of my aims is to reduce the amount of (bad) stress when I can because i think this relates to poor performance, so I am mindful of cortisol (which i now is not a patently BAD hormone, but it's the dose/chronicity that makes the poison) I wonder if you could comment on why the above is not the case (obviously it's not, since you recommend it, i'd just like to understand why!)
Thanks in advance.
-E