This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pain in front right shoulder.

Started by alexferm, February 13, 2016 · 2 Replies · 199 Views

alexferm

Hi all.

I am actually not sure what my question is. Will try to describe my problem, and hopefully somebody meaby have some advice on how to proceed :-)

I been experiencing pain/discomfort in my right shoulder during several exercises. I sometimes have a hard time to determine were it hurts, but I think it is the front of the shoulder. I mostly feel it during deadhangs, especially when relaxing to the point that the shoulders are the same level as my ears. I also experience pain when doing RC pe1-im. Other exercises like Hbp and xiaopeng is more like a strange feeling of discomfort than pain, but it is most noticeable. 

When doing shoulder extension stretches during the brigdestretch I REALLY feel discomfort in my right elbow, coach says in the video to be careful and not go further than the elbow can take it,  so i have not pushed myself but rather been taking it easy during these.

Not sure how to proceed or witch exercises I should avoid or do more of. Is it the bicep that is causing the problem? The shoulder? A bit of both?

Any help is appreciated! 

Best regards 

Alex

Coach Sommer

Hi Alexander,

Obviously something going on in the shoulder.  I recommend having a PT evaluate your rotator cuff and proximal portion of the right shoulder bicep tendon (up where the bicep tendon goes into the shoulder).

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Alexander can you perform Wall Extensions with proper form and ROM, either in a regression on the floor or with the full progression sitting on the wall? If you can't, then I would say that the balance of strength and flexibility between your chest and back are out of balance. Definitely see a PT, but it sounds like your back muscles and chest muscles might be out of balance and that these movements are dispositioning you for impingement. Happens to be the case for me and chest opening movements, like the Wall Extension (or any number of HBP >ims), and external rotator exercises for the shoulder help counteract this. I would look into whether those options help you at all, but I would talk to a PT to see what they think.