This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Coordinating Deloads

Started by Easto, February 13, 2016 · 5 Replies · 190 Views

Easto

I just started F1 last week.  So far I have 2 workouts done and working #3 this morning.

Every 4th week is a deload week.

(1) For a deload is this every 4 CALENDAR weeks?

For example.  Monday I did the week 1 workout and passed.  Wednesday I did the week 2 workout and passed.  Today if I pass the week 3 workout and pass I am essentially 1 week into the program, but the next prescribed workout on the chart is a deload workout (week 4) with lower rep ranges.  Some of the other exercises I am still stuck on week 1 and I don't think ready for a deload (the deload workout actually has more reps than week 1)

(2)  How do I approach the above scenario?

Should I skip the deload since I am only a week into the program and move on to week 5 and once I am 4 CALENDAR weeks into the program have a deload?

I think a few exercises I started on week 1 because my form was crap when I tried the mastery test.  Once I got the form or technique figured out, getting the reps  wasn't an issue.  I had he strength or endurance to do the work, but lack of technique killed me when testing mastery.  Once the technique was figured out the reps were alot easier. 

I hope this makes sense.

Coach Sommer

- No, you may not skip the reload weeks.

- No, the deload weeks are not bound by the calendar.

- The workout planner will automatically generate your workout schedule and your deload weeks for you.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Easto

Ok, I just finished my third workout.   I started on Monday and did Monday - Wednesday - Saturday

Sorry if the answer was obvious I am just trying to wrap my head around everything.  If I am going to do this I want to make sure I follow the program properly.

At the end of todays workout I passed the following:

FL/PE1 - Week 3 (pass)

SPL/PE1 - Week 7 (pass)

SL/PE1 - Week 7 (pass)

MN/PE1 - Week 1 (pass)

SLS/PE1 - Week 1 (pass)

HBP/PE 2 - Week 10 - failed on the last set

RC/PE1 - Week 5 (pass)

 I looked at the deload tutorial and it appears that Option B kind of explains where I am.

My questions is:  What the heck do I do next workout on Monday?

 

Easto

I don't think I quite understand progression in the program

OR

I should have started my elements at a higher week (week 5 instead of 1, week 9 instead of 5).  From what I see, I don't think each week workout should be completed successfully on the first try.  Is anyone able to shed some light on my above post on how I should be progressing for my next workout.

Mark Collins
On 13 February 2016 at 2:28 AM, Kevin Easton said:

Ok, I just finished my third workout.   I started on Monday and did Monday - Wednesday - Saturday

Sorry if the answer was obvious I am just trying to wrap my head around everything.  If I am going to do this I want to make sure I follow the program properly.

At the end of todays workout I passed the following:

FL/PE1 - Week 3 (pass)

SPL/PE1 - Week 7 (pass)

SL/PE1 - Week 7 (pass)

MN/PE1 - Week 1 (pass)

SLS/PE1 - Week 1 (pass)

HBP/PE 2 - Week 10 - failed on the last set

RC/PE1 - Week 5 (pass)

 I looked at the deload tutorial and it appears that Option B kind of explains where I am.

My questions is:  What the heck do I do next workout on Monday?

 

Mn and SLS should be in week 3 and RC in week 7 so the next week is a deload. If you failed week 10 in HBP repeat those reps in week 11 then move to the deload. Then in the next 4 week cycle start HBP in week 9.

Sometimes I get stuck in week 5 of a cycle and can stay at it for many cycles. For example in HBP I am stuck on 4x2 for Russian L-sit dips. I do this for 3 weeks and in the fouth week I deload for 3x2 or 3x1 depending how I feel. The important thing is to progress in some form each week and then deload every 4th week. At times I progress in terms of quality of reps rather than the number of reps. As time goes on the numbers go up with the good quality.

Kevin Easton

Thanks alot Mark

 

I was a bit confused because some of the workouts I was able to complete my first try.  

 

From what I understand of the program once you've completed a workout successfully you move onto the next week.  

Or

Should I keep doing the same workout for a full week and only move on to the next workout at the end of the week/start of the next week?