New Forum Features

Started by Cory Fair, February 13, 2016 · 17 Replies · 5,478 Views

Cory Fair

The latest forum update has brought many new features. I've listed a handful below. Enjoy!

  • Follow Coach Sommer (or anyone) to easily see when they make new posts
  • Extended profile including cover photos
  • Improved search
  • Share any post to social media (upper right corner of the post)
  • Mention other members just like on social media (@Cory Fair)
  • Automatic Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Vine embeds. Just paste in the link.
  • Far more mobile friendly interface

 

Keep in mind the new forum will always prefer your email address for the login. Those enrolled in a course should use the same course email and password.

Jon Douglas

The mobile site is stunning. Well done guys :)

meras

Haven't tried the mobile site but I'm loving the new features, especially the ability to follow someone's post! It might take a few days to get used to the new design on the desktop site because everything looks much bigger than before (but a lot more sleek) Thanks @Cory Fair  :)
 

Daniel Stephan

The new design is visually stunning, great job!

I also love the improved search function, I felt that it was a little lackluster for some time.

You are really doing awesome work, thanks a lot!

Leonhard Krahé

The new design will need some getting used to it.

I really like that now there is a "black on white" theme available (makes reading much easier).

IcedDante

Where is the black on white theme? I don't see it...

I also liked the "my content" section where I could see all threads I had posted to. Is that still available?

Cory Fair
1 minute ago, IcedDante said:

Where is the black on white theme? I don't see it...

I also liked the "my content" section where I could see all threads I had posted to. Is that still available?

 

Yes, under the forum menu at the top. There's a couple new ways to splice it. Also you can go to your profile for your entire activity feed. :)

Jason Dupree

I love the hard work and constant improvements to the site and products, it's truly appreciated.

Leonhard Krahé
29 minutes ago, IcedDante said:

Where is the black on white theme? I don't see it...

I also liked the "my content" section where I could see all threads I had posted to. Is that still available?

Go to the very bottom of the page, there is a dropdown menu where you can choose between the themes.

Mats Trane

Nice job Cory!

Talal

Loving it! Great update guys!

Felix

Progress is always exciting!

Todd

Cory, I have two questions about the new interfaces:

1. The mobile interface: When clicking on an Unread Content thread, the content now opens on my iPhone6+ starting at the beginning of the thread -- whereas it used to open to the last post that I had read within the thread. This now requires a lot of otherwise unnecessary scrolling. Is there a way to get the latter behavior again?

2. The non-mobile interface:  Is there a way to show "Unread Content" (like you can on the mobile interface)? I didn't find it.

Todd

I found the "Unread Content" button at the bottom right of the non-mobile screen, so my question #2 is answered.

 

Cory Fair
1 hour ago, Todd said:

I found the "Unread Content" button at the bottom right of the non-mobile screen, so my question #2 is answered.

 

Unread content should also be showing in the upper right of the desktop view when logged in. If it's not, send me a ticket with your browser information so it can be looked at.

 

The mobile start of thread issue I'll have to look into.

Ravn
3 hours ago, Todd said:

Cory, I have two questions about the new interfaces:

1. The mobile interface: When clicking on an Unread Content thread, the content now opens on my iPhone6+ starting at the beginning of the thread -- whereas it used to open to the last post that I had read within the thread. This now requires a lot of otherwise unnecessary scrolling. Is there a way to get the latter behavior again?

2. The non-mobile interface:  Is there a way to show "Unread Content" (like you can on the mobile interface)? I didn't find it.

Have you tried pressing the yellow dot next to the subject header? That should take you directly to the new comments. 

Todd

Ravn,

Yes, it appears that you are correct. Hovering over the yellow dot (when available) indicates "Go to first unread post".

Thanks, Todd

Julia Quigley
On 2/13/2016 at 10:59 AM, Jason Dupree said:

I love the hard work and constant improvements to the site and products, it's truly appreciated.

This! I love that you guys are dedicated to not only great content, but a great user experience. Thanks for increasing the value of my purchase over time! :)