Russian dips

Started by viking, October 21, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,600 Views

viking

Hi guys

I've just done one steady state cycle involving the russian dip at the very first progression. I've now started on the second

steady state cycle.

The pb I've got access to, is on a primary school playground. So It's short. To short for me to jump, or get any momentum for easing the transition from the forarm/underarm rest on the bars up to the bottom of the dip position.

Having thought about this exercise for a while, it seems to me like there are several for your arms to rest on the bars.

You could have a 90 degree bend between the over and underarm, or get your hands as close to your chest/armpits as possible.

Isn't it easier to get yourself of the bars the nearer your arms are to your chest??? But is that cheating???

Blairbob

Yes, but it won't develop into future upper arm parallel bar swing work like uprises.

Sometimes it stretches the chest too much if the elbows are behind the shoulder.

Just tuck your knees back to your butt when on short PB.

viking

ok, Thanks Blairbob. I've been tucking my legs, but I find it really akward to start a body swing from such a position.

But ok, Guess I'll just have to try harder.

Thanks again for the reply blairbob!