This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question on 3-day training cycle

Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), February 13, 2016 · 3 Replies · 180 Views

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Hi there,

 

I've noticed that on the 3-day training cycle (which I've been on for a while now), there ends up being an uneven number of workouts, and that keeps repeating.

 

So for example, if my week one Mon/Fri workout is MN/SL/SLS, I will do this workout 5 times in the month, whereas the other workout will be done only 4 times (not counting the deload week).

 

Is there a good way to manage the 3-day cycle so that each workout gets done the same amount of times in a month?

 

My current schedule is as follows:

 

WEEKS 1 AND 3

 

Monday: MN/SL/SLS

Tuesday: Front Split

Wednesday: FL/sPL/HBP/RC

Thursday: Thoracic Bridge

Friday: MN/SL/SLS

Saturday: Middle Split

Sunday: Handstand

 

WEEKS 2 AND 4

 

Monday: FL/sPL/HBP/RC

Tuesday: Front Split

Wednesday: MN/SL/SLS

Thursday: Thoracic Bridge

Friday: FL/sPL/HBP/RC

Saturday: Middle Split

Sunday: Handstand

 

 

Any advice is appreciated,

 

Cam

 

 

DBeckerman

Not sure how to do this over a month but you can cover every twice over 6 weeks. I have tried it over 6 weeks and it works well. To time handstand etc with it you consider your workout 'week' to have finished after your second split. I just did Movement day after and stretch series I kept the same 3 x normal week. 

 

Hope this helps. 

 

DB

Jon Douglas

This is not really a problem unless you experience plateaus and need to tweak your scheduling. As long as you are progressing, working v ups once per week vs. Rows 2x per week is not going to hurt you.

Of note I've noticed particularly Tumbling One improves very quickly done once per week. That surprised , i would have thought that more practise would be better, but if it progresses nicely and consistently  1x a week, why would i spend more of my time training it? :)

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

DB - How do you mean spread it out over 6 weeks? Sorry, I didn't quite get what you meant there...

Jon - I'm experiencing lots of plateaus :) Notably, HBP/PE1 (I went back after struggling with PE2 for ages), MN/PE2 (don't have requisite mobility, but have been working on middle split since Feb 2015), RC/PE1.

To be fair, my form has improved drastically on all of the above elements, but in terms of numbers, I've been stuck on these ones for a very long time.