I made my own (free for me but uncomfortable) back straps and am wondering about the form with these, as the course video shows a version with a different (horizontal) support. Do they look ok?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Kai Ewert, February 12, 2016 · 5 Replies · 165 Views
I made my own (free for me but uncomfortable) back straps and am wondering about the form with these, as the course video shows a version with a different (horizontal) support. Do they look ok?
Do not bent the legs, if horizontal support is showed then you should adjust straps heigth to accurately emulate the course execution.
Thank you Alessandro.
Have you used the back straps ?
Using the back strap, that's tends to be the angle that feels right. Otherwise teh strap will silp up your body on the lift, unless Alex knows something I don't.
However, I see a nice pile of boxes in the background that would work perfectly for this element. use that pile and hold the stall bars and you'll have all the right angles.
Thank you, Cole. I was indeed curious about whether the execution of these with the backstraps is different, angle-wise. Trying th back straps out as well as looking at the official pictures featuring them made me think the way i did them in the video is the way to go but i wanted to check.
Combining the mats with the stall bars for holding on is a great idea, i will try that. By themselves, the mats are too unstable, but holding on to the bars may just make it work. Thanks for that tip!
Holding the stall bars makes all the difference with those sorts of boxes. Once you figure out the set up, you should be good to go.