This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is it just sugar water?

Started by LurkingFrog, February 12, 2016 · 1 Replies · 166 Views

LurkingFrog

Jeff,

 

I drink a lot of loose tea in the morning which I buy in bulk at the farmers market (usually white or oolong). Though I don't add anything after steeping it, I do add an ounce or two of various dried fruit (cranberries, apple, pineapple, papaya, etc) to the leaves for 1.2 litres of tea. I know some nutrients from the fruit and all of the sugar will leech into the water.

 

My question is since we are keeping breakfast to fat and protein, do you think this is too much sugar for after breakfast but before lunch?

 

Dave

Jeff Serven

No its not too much sugar assuming you are using unsugared dried fruit. 

Don't count it towards your water goal either.