This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE9 headstand alternative

Started by Jacob Morsbøl, February 12, 2016 · 6 Replies · 193 Views

Jacob Morsbøl

In the course material it is noted that in absence of a stall bar performing SL/PE9 while in a headstand is a good substitute.

 

However, is it better performed on a stall bar than in headstand? I have very reduced ROM on a stall bar compared to performing it in headstand.

Edit: typo

LateStarter@46

How so? The stall bar version allows the feet to go below head level, whereas the HeS version forces the feet to stop at floor level.

Jacob Morsbøl

Well, I don't know why my ROM is reduced.

LateStarter@46

Where do you feel the tightness, chest or legs?

Coach Sommer

In all likelihood you are simply allowing your hips to drop forward as you lower your toes to the ground while in the HeS.  

 

On the stall bar you are unable to do so and are encountering a perceived lack of ROM.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jacob Morsbøl
16 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

In all likelihood you are simply allowing your hips to drop forward as you lower your toes to the ground while in the HeS. 

I think you're right. I interpret your answer as a 'yes'.

DBeckerman
On 12 February 2016 at 7:58 AM, Coach Sommer said:

In all likelihood you are simply allowing your hips to drop forward as you lower your toes to the ground while in the HeS.  

 

On the stall bar you are unable to do so and are encountering a perceived lack of ROM.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks Coach, I believe I am doing this too. So to clarify we should keep the hips against the wall?