This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Training log

Started by Joakim Anderson, October 20, 2009 · 213 Replies · 7,854 Views

Joakim Anderson

5 January

Parallettes:

L-sit, shoulderstand, HS - 2x5

L-sit 5 kg - 5x5 seconds

HSPU - 3x1

6 January

Back squats 75 kg - 3x5

Front squats 75 kg - 3x3

Calf raises 50 kg - 3x10

Leg curls machine 70 kg - 3x5

BL - 2x5 seconds

Flat tuck FL - 2x10 seconds

L-sit - 2x10 seconds

L hang - 2x10 seconds

7 January

L OAC negative - 2x2, 2x1

Dips 30 kg - 3x5

Comment: Making progress on the oac negatives, working towards sets of five per arm.

Razz

Do you really front squat and leg curl the same as you backsquat or are you taking it easy on the backsquat?

Emil Brannmark

I would probably focus on three heavy sets of back squats trying to increase every workout instead of machine hamstring curls and other accessory exercises. I suspect you'd see way better results with that.

Joakim Anderson

Razz: I haven't done much heavy leg training the last half year, so I've been taking it a bit slowly, but I'm starting to feel comfortable enough to increase a bit now.

Emil: Doesn't sound stupid at all, I'll give it a try.

Joakim Anderson

8 January

Flat tuck PL - 3x7 seconds

9 January

Parallettes:

L-sit 5 kg - 5x5 seconds

Flat tuck PL 5 kg - 5x5 seconds

Shoulderstand - 3x15 seconds

Joakim Anderson

10 January

Parallettes:

L-sit 5 kg - 5x5 seconds

Flat tuck PL pushups - 3x5

Joakim Anderson

11 January

Dips 35 kg - 3x5

Back squats 80 kg - 4x4

L OAC negatives - 2x2

12 January

Back squats 85 kg - 3x3

Flat tuck FL - 3x15 seconds

Calf raises 50 kg - 3x10

HLL - 3x5

13 January

Parallettes:

Flat tuck PL pushups - 5x5

L-sit 5 kg - 5x5 seconds

Joakim Anderson

14 January

Back squats 90 kg - 3x3

Calf raises 50 kg - 3x12

L OAC negatives - 1x2 per arm, 1x1 per arm

Flat tuck FL pullups - 2x5

Joakim Anderson

15 January

Rings:

First session on a long time, so mostly play... MU's, shoulderstands, flat tuck PL, RTO dips, bulgarian dips, etc...

Comment:

My elbows hurt a bit now after hard OAC and dip training at the gym, so I'll go lighter for a while.

Joakim Anderson

16 January

One arm L-hang - 3x10 seconds per arm

18 January

L OAC negatives - 3x1 per arm

Dips - 3x15

19 January

Back squats 80 kg - 5x5

Calf raises 50 kg - 5x12

22 January

Dips - 1x15, 3x10

L OAC negatives - 1x1 per arm

One arm L-hang 3x10 seconds per arm

25 January

Parallettes:

L-sit lift, flat tuck PL pushup, shoulderstand - 3x2

SLS - 3x10 per leg

Bridge pushups - 3x10

Wrist pushups - 1x10

First knuckle - 1x10

Comment:

Abandoning weighted workouts for the near future. Bodyweight training feels much better both physically and mentally.

Razz
jocke_a said:

Abandoning weighted workouts for the near future. Bodyweight training feels much better both physically and mentally.

NICE :D

Jeffrey
jocke_a said:
Abandoning weighted workouts for the near future. Bodyweight training feels much better both physically and mentally.

I'm scarred to do that :oops:

Great workouts there! Keep up the good work

Joakim Anderson

27 January

L OAC 90° static hold - 2x5 seconds per arm

Flat tuck FL - 2x25 seconds

Negative pullup - 3x30 seconds

L pullup - 2x5

Joakim Anderson

Thanks guys :)

Jeffrey, what kind of weighted training to you do?

Jeffrey
jocke_a said:
Thanks guys :)

Jeffrey, what kind of weighted training to you do?

Ive been training with a mix of bodybuilding and powerlifting for about 8 years now. This is my first time doing some gymnastics stuff. Atm I'm training with a FB routine as you can see in my log. I focus on the FL and the planche for the upcoming eight weeks. After that I will change my routine.

Joakim Anderson

29 January

Parallettes:

L-sit lift, flat tuck PL pushup, L-sit lift, shoulderstand, L-sit lift - 3 sets

SLS - 3x10 per leg

Bridge pushups - 3x10

Flat tuck PL pushups - 3x5

Comment:

Next time I'll cut the reps on SLS and work on perfecting the form: straight horisontal leg.

Joakim Anderson

2 February

Parallell bars:

Dip, flat tuck PL - 2x5

½ press - 2x30 seconds

Flat tuck FL - 2x25 seconds

Joakim Anderson

Looks nice Jeffrey. Keep up the good work, I'll check your log now and then :)

Joakim Anderson

5 February

Flat tuck FL - 3x10 seconds

Flat tuck BL - 3x10 seconds

Flat tuck PL - 6x5 seconds

Flat tuck FL pullups - 3x5

Tuck PL pushups - 3x10

L OAC 90° hold - 5 seconds per arm

L-hang to V-hang - 1x10

L OAC negative - 1 per arm

Comment:

I'm straightening my body a bit more than a flat tuck FL for more tension.

Though I can easily do full BL's for several seconds, doing them in training puts too much tension on the elbows, so I'll do easier variations for now until I find a solution.

OAC is getting stronger. I can pull myself upwards like I could six months ago, but not a full ROM of course.

8 February

Flat tuck PL - 1x5 seconds

L-sit lifts - 1x8

SLS - 1x5 per leg

Comment:

Interrupted by a phonecall from an old friend...

Trying to perfect the form on SLS with fewer reps now, holding the straight leg as high as I can during the entire movement.

Joakim Anderson

9 February

SLS - 3x10 per leg

Tuck planche pushups - 3x10

Bridge pushups - 3x10

L-sit lifts - 3x8

Joakim Anderson

Going to Mexico on vacation for quite a while, I don't know how long. I'll get back to training as soon as I come home, and in the meantime I'll try to find bars to keep the OAC strength in level.

Joakim Anderson

8 April 2010

Flat tuck PL - 3x5 seconds

L-sit lift - 3x3

OAP - 3x2 per arm

Bridge pushups - 3x5

12 April 2010

Rings:

Bulgarian dips - 2x5

Negative OAC - 1 per arm

Tuck 360 pull - 2x5

MU - 2 reps

Support - 40 seconds

13 April 2010

SLS - 2x8

Squat jump - 3x10

Sprint - 10x30 meters

14 April 2010

Rings:

Flat tuck PL (parallettes) - 6x5 seconds

Flat tuck BL - 4x15 seconds

Flat tuck FL - 3x20 seconds

L-sit - 4x15 seconds

Bulgarian dips - 1x5, 1x3

L-pullups - 2x4

OA L-hang - 15 seconds per arm

Comments:

Getting back to ring training after a very long time off and quite some strength loss, so I'm taking it easy and trying to find my current strength level and a good routine.

Joakim Anderson

15 April 2010

Wall HS - 4x30 seconds

OAP - 3x1 per arm

Bridge pushups - 3x5

Negative SLS - 3x20 seconds

Joakim Anderson

16 April 2010

Squat jump - 2x10

SL jump - 3x30 meters per leg

Joakim Anderson

18 April 2010

Rings:

Flat tuck PL - 2x5 seconds, 2x5 seconds on floor

Pike 360 pulls - 3x5

L-sit - 15 seconds, 2x10 seconds

Bulgarian dips - 3x6

Negative OAC - 1 per arm

False grip L-hang - 10 seconds

OA L-hang - 10 seconds per arm

Comment:

Everything is weaker, just trying to get to where I was.