This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbow/ forearm pain

Started by Majori, February 11, 2016 · 3 Replies · 102 Views

Majori

Hi all, I've been experiencing some pain in my left forearm. I believe it's around the brachioradialis but my knowledge of anatomy is poor at best; I feel it towards the outside edge just below the elbow pit.

It feels like a simple overuse injury and the symptoms are felt most when I flex the elbow and more intense with a probated grip.

So I'm fairly sure simply resting it will do the trick and I was planning to avoid RC, HBP, and straight arm supports for now.

Just wondered if there is anything else I should be cautious of/ avoid or if I'm going too far. Doing pushups doesn't aggravate it but PPPu does. Nor do straight arm supports cause pain at the time but thought I'd better play it safe?

Thanks for any input and sorry if I went on a bit here.

Max

_jquig_

I'm no physical therapist and diagnosing over the internet is tough, but here's a thought--have you considered whether it's just a persistent knot? Foream knots can be very painful.

 

When something in my body hurts, I usually experiemnt with some stretching and lacross ball/foam roller exercises and observe whether the muscles & ROM is improved, the same, or worse. If it's improved, I assume it's something minor and proceed with a rest/foam roller/stretch routine until it feels better.  This works most of the time.

Mark Collins
_jquig_ said:

I'm no physical therapist and diagnosing over the internet is tough, but here's a thought--have you considered whether it's just a persistent knot? Foream knots can be very painful.

 

When something in my body hurts, I usually experiemnt with some stretching and lacross ball/foam roller exercises and observe whether the muscles & ROM is improved, the same, or worse. If it's improved, I assume it's something minor and proceed with a rest/foam roller/stretch routine until it feels better.  This works most of the time.

Good advice. If it does not improve with this then it is usually something more serious.

Majori

Hey guys, thank you for the replies. It doesn't feel like a knot but then I've never suffered from pains in this area before so it quite possibly could be.

I'll try rolling the area and see if it subsides.

Thanks again

Max