This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Cravings gone

Started by Jun C, February 11, 2016 · 2 Replies · 202 Views

Jun C

Vegetables are destroying my cravings for random snacking and junk food. What is this sorcery?

 

I'm normally much less consistent with eating veggies. I'd eat them everyday, but I know that the portion sizes were probably nowhere near enough most of the time. Now in addition to eating them with my dinner, I've also added more vegetables to my other meals throughout the day. I find that this keeps me satisfied, and I actually have little desire to eat junkier stuff. I don't think it's even just the physical fullness of getting more fiber. There have been many times in the past where I've gone on snack binges where my stomach would be full, but I'd still have the desire to eat more. Now, I'm both mentally and physically full. And it hasn't even been a full week yet for this task.

 

One thing I love about Thrive is that it keeps me consistent, and I can already feel the difference. Thanks for the great program, and looking forward to upcoming tasks! :D I'm beginning to see how all the stuff we're supposed to be eating will gradually replace all the junk in our diet.

Jeff Serven

Jun, Im glad to hear! Thats great. 

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

I noticed a very similar thing early on as well. My late night chocolate cravings are now way less intense or non existent. If I do eat chocolate, one or two small pieces is satisfying and I don't want anymore.

 

Before starting this program, if I started eating chocolate, i had a hard time stopping and would sometimes eat so much that I felt nauseous.

 

I also noticed that my desire for beer and wine is almost gone too. Not sure why this is, but I'm happy to be burning way cleaner fuel these days :)