This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbow hurts during FL/PE2>iM

Started by Enyahs, February 10, 2016 · 7 Replies · 244 Views

Enyahs

I recently started doing the FL/PE2 and the coupled IM. Everything during the table feels fine but when I go down after the 30 seconds I feel a sharp pain on the backside of my right elbow.

 

I can lock my arms, still do push- and pull ups and fully extend my arm without any pain whatsoever. The sensation is only felt when lowering out of the table hold.

 

I've also checked the video instruction again to see if my hands are in another position but this all seems to be the same. (except my hip is not at shoulder height yet but I reckon this should have nothing to do with it)

dritar

This position is a biceps stretch as well. Typically if you go shoulders in front of the hands you are stretching the biceps more so in your case you may need have your shoulders further back (to be clear front here means towards your hip, back it's towards your head).

 

It's also possible that you need to work on your shoulder extension (how's your HS/PE2 >im ? ). Lack of shoulder extension means that your elbows take the heat. 

 

Just work this stretch progressively, never go full intensity on mobility. 

Enyahs

Thanks Dritar, I will try it with my shoulders back a bit more and see what happens. My shoulder extension is very poor but a work in progress non the less! 

Alessandro Mainente

try to modulate the hands position.

Julia Quigley
On February 10, 2016 at 2:32 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

try to modulate the hands position.

Do you mean to have the hands pointing to the sides, for instance, instead of straight behind?

I have elbow pain during the exercise, and believe some of it is the bicep stretch (because it is better when I shift weight slightly toward my feet) and partly due to limited shoulder mobility. 

Coach Sommer

You are stretching too intensely for your current bicep mobility and elbow strength.  Ease off the ROM, ease off the duration of the stretch or both.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Julia Quigley

Thanks, Coach!! Will do. 

Shane Hille

The pain for me subsided when I decreased the ROM slightly. Over the last 4 weeks I have slighty increased it bit by bit and now I am reaching full ROM without any pain. Recording myself helped a lot to determine the increase of ROM and to not push it too much for me.