This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thanks for Thrive

Started by DBeckerman, February 10, 2016 · 8 Replies · 323 Views

DBeckerman

Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to say a thank you for providing Thrive. For the first time (for as long as I can remember) I made under 90kg. I started Thrive as 92kg and just always found it tough to meet that goal of under 90. I have only achieved it once before when I cut weight for a comp but that was extreme measures. Start of this year I gave myself the goal of getting visible abs by the end of 2016. Vain I know but I have never been able to achieve that as an adult! More importantly that goal also means I have dropped more body fat. What's more is I can sustain more exercise because I am fuelled with better nutrition. I

Also great to see how quickly you respond to all our questions!

Thanks!

Jeff Serven

DB,

 

Im glad to hear. Thank you! I do this because I really enjoy helping people produce results so its cool to hear when someone like you reports back getting below 90kg and getting some abs.

 

I know I like to make fun of body builders and non athletes but being lean (as in below 10% body fat on my calipers) is very important to heath. There is a ton of longevity reasons as well as performance for being able to see your abs. I am happy for you.

 

Cheers,

Jeff

fnp

Hey Jeff.

Would be happy to read something about being this lean relating to health.

Jeff Serven

Fat is inflammation, low level chronic inflammation is associated with 7 of the 10 leading causes of death. Fat is also the storage unit for "unknown" materials in the body. Not to be too alarming but things like toxins and the such. The smaller you storage unit is for this type of stuff the smaller the chance of succumbing to their problems.  

 

There is a "heathy" range to body fat. For men that number is different than women but you should be able to see all of your abs, not just the top two or four. After that you have probably maxed out the benefits of optimizing body composition. For example for a male to go from 8% to 4% body fat probably has no improved markers of heath at that point. 

 

Guys I can stress the difference between body composition and size. Just because you are skinny does not mean you have an optimal body composition nor if you are short and stalky does that mean you have a bad body composition. Some people are going have to work harder at it than other but the fact remains 2017 is going to happen. Are you going to be there in optimal heath or not? 

trw

Hmm, nice to have a reason other than vanity.

 

But seriously, interesting stuff. Thanks Jeff for Thrive and for being so active on the forum. Not only helpful but fun as hell.

Julia Quigley

@David Beckerman, this is great to read as I'm in week one of Thrive :)

Out of curiosity--have you done anything else new besides Thrive? Additional workouts, more cardio, cleaning up your diet with "common sense" in addition to the Thrive steps? 

David Beckerman

Hi @Julia Quigley,

I haven't really changed anything at all other than just being more aware of what I was eating. As Jeff was asking us to do certain tasks I found I was eating the same amount of food but less of what I was picking and more of what Jeff wanted. 

Cheers,

 

Dave

Julia Quigley

Awesome! Thanks!

Benjamin Gist

Hmmmm, no abs in sights here. Haven't seen them in 20 years though so I'm in no rush.

I'm enjoying Thrive and I'm sure I'm better off for it, however I haven't experienced any of the amazing benefits of needing less sleep or feeling dramatically better. I look, weigh and feel about the same as when I started. I've been diligent and not missed a task (only forgot to log dinner vegetable once). I think I had a reasonably good diet before so none of the tasks have been a huge change for me, except that I've stopped eating sandwiches for lunch. 

Like I said, I'm in no hurry but am wondering when I might begin to see some of these incredible results people are posting about.