This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pro+ and the pace of mobilities

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, February 9, 2016 · 3 Replies · 300 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Did F7 yesterday and found myself having a hard time keeping up with the follow-along videos. When it came time for SLS/PE3, I believe I may have tweaked my hip (if only slightly) and then backed off for the remaining sets as I knew I was pushing it too much.

 

My question here is when doing Pro+, if we're unable to match the ROM of those in the video while at the same tempo, should we: match the tempo and use a smaller ROM, do our best to match the ROM but go more slowly and then subsequently pause the video while we catch up? My hip is fine, but as I have another F7 workout, I want to know the best course of action for pacing the routine. I'll likely go with option a) and go at pace with the video but keep my ROM to more conservative levels, but I was just wondering about a more authoritative opinion on this.

 

Thanks.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Noted, thanks for clarifying.

Coach Sommer
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

... My question here is when doing Pro+, if we're unable to match the ROM of those in the video while at the same tempo, should we: match the tempo and use a smaller ROM, do our best to match the ROM but go more slowly and then subsequently pause the video while we catch up? ...

 

I would prefer both.  

 

Drop back in your programming until you are able to maintain BOTH tempo and ROM.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So, how would I go about doing that? For the element in question: SLS/PE3, the PE is not what's an issue, as I can keep up and my hips are slowly dropping, but with the >im it's another story. I can't go all the way down, however going as low as I can while at the pace of the video went well yesterday (and by the 5th set I felt much more comfortable in the bottom range of my ROM, even though I was a bit gassed from having done all the sets). So, should I cut back to block 1 even though it's the >im that's the major issue and rebuild from there? Or should keep as planned and just milk the >im until I'm magically kissing the floor with my knees?