This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE2

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, February 9, 2016 · 7 Replies · 195 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

How low should the rings be? Also where should the feet in relation to the rings? I use Pro+ and so aim to keep my feet directly under the rings as is shown in those follow-along videos, I also keep the bottom of the rings about at height with the top of my armpits. 

 

Where should the im be felt within the body. When I lean my head into my right arm/shoulder, I feel the stretch on the outside of my right shoulder (and the same is true for the left side).

 

Are my efforts correct or should I adjust something? I'm moving on to block 3 next week and just want to be sure I'm doing the elements correctly as I work towards mastery. Given the way I'm feeling the >im there is still MUCH time needed to be spent as it is an intense stretch (comparable to the single leg bent wall hamstring stretch from FSs) for me, as I know that my upper back and shoulders are all locked up, so I want to be clear on how to do them.

 

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Ping

Cole Dano

just set up a situation where you lean about half way down to the floor at the bottom. If the rings are a bit low you can take a step or two back to adjust height, if too high will intuitively feel wrong.

 

If you've mastered PE1 this is one of the few gimme elements in the course.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Ahh, okay. I was wondering as it wasn't that taxing (also wanted to move to RC/PE3 sooner as it will help shore up muscle imbalance that have affected shoulder and back mobility issues). So thank you.

Also, in my description of the >im is that the correct way to do it?

Cole Dano

On the iM that can really vary depending on a number of factors.  Feeling it where you describe isn't wrong, and there is are a number of variations on this stretch coming.

 

If you're in serious doubt post a form check.

 

I personally find the lat series of stretches to be amongst my favourites and have gotten a lot of benefit from them. 

Easto

When you mention it's a gimme element I am going to assume you mean it's easier than RC/PE1

 

Does this mean once PE1 is mastered and it's time to move to PE2 don't you test your mastery level of that exercise to determine which week to start with 1, 5, or 9.  If so, isn't it possible to master it the first time you try and therefore move onto RC/PE3 the following workout?

 

(This is a bit of an exercise questions, a bit of a programming question - sorry, still trying to figure out all the small details of the program)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

He means that if you have mastered RC/PE1 then likely you'll have the requisite strength and ROM to quickly/easily master RC/PE2. Nothing at all changes about testing mastery, that's your misunderstanding. You should always test for mastery. Even though he says it's a gimme, that doesn't meant that it is. Case in point my ROM for the >im isn't up to snuff and I had bicep pain when initially starting this element. I'm now on block 3 and it's not too hard and have only spent a few blocks on it. I spent over a year on RC/PE1, so in relative terms that is a gimme. Don't make exceptions to the process for element progress because of something you read in a post. It's always the same steps. Always. Err on the side of mastery, no matter what you read or hear to the contrary, because that'll suit you best in the long-run (and yes this goes for the PEs, the SEs, and the >ims). 

trw

Heh, don't read too much into it, Easto. Just means it's easier, most people I think master PE2 on the first try. The Law of Mastery is like a law of nature: it can never be broken. Don't skip, don't make assumptions. That said the protocol for mastery testing is apparently changing, to keep us even more honest I believe. Keep an eye out.