This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/SE4>iM One arm Scap pulls

Started by J0X, February 9, 2016 · 1 Replies · 215 Views

J0X

Hey guys,

 

how exactly must the scapula move during this IM? I am having slight clicking and mild discomfort in my right shoulder when doing this and I only focus on depressing the scapula and otherwise staying as neutral as possible.

 

What is correct:

 

-depression and body neutral as possible

-depression and tilting the body sideways slightly so the opposite shoulder comes forward and the obliques on the pulling shoulder are tight

-depression and then retraction when fully depressed

-depression and retraction from bottom position

 

Sorry if this question might be over detailed for such a simple movement but I dont want to grind my right shoulder joint or do this incorrectly. Especially as this exercise is essential to developing advanced pull strength like OAC/OAP.

 

Thank you

Alessandro Mainente

Think about depression,the body will naturally follow the necessary compensation by tilting on the side.

scapulas retraction should be previously mastered with previous Bands movement.

Notice that while hanging on one arm and moving on one arm it is necessary to have a good shoulders mobility and as consequence correct shoulder and scapulae kinematic. if not I suppose your shoulder girdle it is not working  correctly and it is necessary to spend some more time on TB series, handstand mobility and previous RC mobility.