This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Trouble with the FL/PE2>iM

Started by Gsoler1999, February 9, 2016 · 1 Replies · 87 Views

Gsoler1999

Hi,

 

I subscribed to the Foundation series a month or so ago but had to postpone beginning because of an injury which has now healed.  I have one question about performing the  FL/PE2.  I dont know how do you call it, so I am just referring to it by the codes attached to it on the video. Its the Front Lever PE2 for mobility. 

 

While most of the exercises in Foundation One seem either easy to me or look like I will be able to perform them soon, I cannot do this right now.  I can put both my hands and feet on the floor while my body is facing upward, but I cannot lift my body.  That is, I cannot raise my hip when trying to do this exercise.  It remains on the floor or barely above the floor. So dont know where to start to stretch or to gain strength so that I can eventially do this.

 

I am 52 y/o, very healthy and athletic. Have been working out for 33 years in a row with weights and machines but now would like to try gymnastic movements.  Already started gaining mobility and stretching, yet this particular exercise baffles me.

 

Can anyone help?

Cole Dano

It sounds like you have severely restricted shoulder flexion. The stretch here is in taking the arms behind you and affects the pectorals and biceps. This is a key area, that GST places a great deal of focus on, but most other fitness methods totally neglect, so it's no surprise you find this challenging.

 

Both the H1 course and Thoracic Bridge course contain a wealth of additional work for this area. 

 

For now, patience is the word, and understanding your your attempts to elevate your hips need to work with this shoulder extension.