This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check for HSPE2--just starting

Started by _jquig_, February 8, 2016 · 4 Replies · 105 Views

_jquig_

I've just started working HSPE2 and would love advice for improving my form while I work on endurance and control.

 

From what I can see, I need to tuck in my ribs and possible squeeze my glutes/open up my hips a bit more.

 

I'm concerned about head/neck position. Keeping the weight on my forehead feels best for my head, but I've read conflicting user experience/advice in the forum and I'm not sure if I should try to put the weight back on the head and straighten out my neck.

 

I'd love any/all feedback so I can train safely and effectively.

 

Thanks!

 

 

post-21162-0-79306700-1454955614_thumb.j

_jquig_

Since I posted this, I saw the sticky post about using a video. Since I don't have a video yet, is it possible to get comments ont his photo? If you click on the photo it gets much larger.

 

If not, I'll wait to post again until I have a video.

 

Thanks!

Brandon Martin

Not an experienced opinion by any means, just my .02.  But I would say flatten your back.  Do this by tightening your core and glutes.  And keep at it.

Also, read up on posterior pelvic tilt, which is what you should be trying to achieve.  

 

Douglas Reinot

Julia - I agree with Brandon. It looks like your lower back is arched. Think about your cues from the Front Lever series of your Foundation work to get that tailbone tucked under into PPT and get the back flat. You might notice more piking when you do this so try to get your glutes working to keep your hips flat at the same time.

As for head position, I've read that anywhere from your natural hairline to the crown of your head is okay. I personally placed the weight more squarely on the top of my head, but just be sensitive to how your neck feels as you train and find a spot that is comfortable and stable for you.

Julia Quigley

Thank you both for your feedback! I'll try to contract my core and work on ppt without piling and post on progress.