This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Advice to log tasks when traveling

Started by julien, February 8, 2016 · 5 Replies · 166 Views

julien

Hi guys, I will spend a week in NY in the next few days, traveling from Sydney. I'll continue the program (at least try) but I am wondering how I should go about logging the tasks.

 

Should I change my timezone to NY for the week and change it back again when in Sydney?

 

Any advice on dealing with the disappearing day when traveling from NY to Sydney (ie, departing Friday and arriving Sunday).

 

Sorry to be a pain ;-)

 

Julien

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

We've got wifi in NYC. Welcome in advance!

julien

Hi Daniel, this isn't a silly question as my tasks currently reset at 12am Sydney time, which is is 8am NY time. I can work around that but wanted to know what was the official advice to do this as this may be of interest to others. In my previous job, I would have been traveling every other week, which would have made an answer to this critical.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

You could just tick off the tasks early in the day and make it a point to get them accomplished. Say, you have access to wifi for five minutes...tick off all your day's goals and then make it a point to make them happen. Just a thought. Nobody would know otherwise, I mean no one does know otherwise, so you would be keeping yourself accountable either way. 

julien

Hi Daniel,

 

I never said connectivity was an issue, it isn't.

 

The different timezones are the issue as well as the fact that crossing the international timeline from the US to AU makes a day disappear if I adjust the timezones locally each time.

 

Sure, I can work around these issues by ticking everything off before 12am Sydney time when in NY, but I'd like to hear from Cory (or Jeff) if there are things I should or should not do when adjusting to local timezones.

 

Remembering to tick tasks off before Sydney time is something I'd rather avoid having to remember doing, if that's a possibility. If not, it's not a serious inconvenience to do it that way.

 

Julien

Jeff Serven

Cory probably already has it figured out.