This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stuck on FL/PE1

Started by Max Wittekind, February 7, 2016 · 4 Replies · 313 Views

Max Wittekind

Hi,

I am stuck on the Bent Hollow Body Hold for quite some time now. I am able to do 3 x 60sec sets without breaking form. During the 4th set I am not able to keep my lower back on the ground. I always start drifting away from the ground in the last 10 to 20 seconds, no matter how hard I try to push the lower back into the ground.

I am stuck at this point for 3 months now.

Just for fun I tested, if i could hold the Hollow Body Hold (FL/PE5) 4 times for 24seconds and I was able to do it.

I am not sure, how to achieve the mastery of 5x60 sec in the first excercise. Should i just keep trying or is there something i can do to push myself past that point?

 

-Max

347mont

I'm stuck on week 9, 4x48sec. I can do 3 sets and the 4th is murder. It's a tough one for sure.

 

I'll be watching with interest for some good advice.

MattiasF

I had the same issue. I pretty sure it stemmed from extremely poor lower back mobility that I had to fight against. Once that was somewhat alleviated (form check your cat cow stretch) what worked for me was incorporating these tips:

- Tense glutes.

- Find the tension sweet spot between maximal tension and enough to keep good form.

- Breathe short shallow breaths.

Mark Collins

3 months is not that long to be stuck on an exercise. Many people here have been stuck on exercises for 12+ months and through persistence you will get past this. This exercise really is key to get for many other exercises.

How is your front plit stretching coming along?

Max Wittekind

Thank you for the tipps.

I tried the pinching of the glutes and it worked. I managed to get past 4 sets without breaking form. The 4th hurt like hell, but aparrently I lost my Tension in the glutes and legs. I even did a 5th set and nearly made it through. Although I started loosing my form in the last 10 seconds.

 

I started stretching for the front splits only recently. Mainly worked on my pike before.