This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What to make of weight fluctuations, if anything

Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), February 6, 2016 · 2 Replies · 140 Views

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Hi there,

 

I've noticed that my weight has been fluctuating, even though I haven't deviated from the program at all.

 

I started the program at 194.8lbs... earlier this week I was at 188.4lbs, but then this morning I was back up to 190.6lbs.

 

Does this mean I'm doing something wrong, or are these fluctuations a natural part of the process?

 

I'm also on a deload week this week, so I thought that might have something to do with it, since I'm burning less calories in my workouts.

 

Thanks,

 

Cam

Jeff Serven

Cam,

My personal bodyweight regularly swing 10# from morning to night. Thats pretty extreme but everyone has a fluctuation. Start weighting yourself on the same day of the week at the same time. Monday is the worst day to weigh yourself because you will always be heavier after an off day, usually you eat more carbs and 1 gram of carbs holds onto 4 grams of water so it can really throw your weight off. 

 

Weigh in on Friday morning at the same time which is easy because you get up for work at a set time. Wake up, drink nothing, go to the bathroom, then weigh yourself. This eliminates all the error that you can possibly eliminate without getting skin fold measured. 

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Ok sweet, will do. Thanks Jeff!

I had been weighing myself each morning first thing before drinking any water, and had actually gained weight from Mon - Sat this week.

But I'll stick with every Friday and see how things go.

Cheers!

Cam