Looking for mastery approval on both the strength and mobility element.
Thank you!!
https://youtu.be/7fJuSWb9xnE - Russian Twist
https://youtu.be/k0_r7HXP-hY - Swivel Hips
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by traweaver, February 6, 2016 · 7 Replies · 159 Views
Looking for mastery approval on both the strength and mobility element.
Thank you!!
https://youtu.be/7fJuSWb9xnE - Russian Twist
https://youtu.be/k0_r7HXP-hY - Swivel Hips
Looks fine to me - I would give it a pass, but keep in mind I'm not a moderator.
Some minor things; keep your arms straight and If you can twist beyond and place the weight behind the hip line...even better.
Thanks Tobias! I will take your tips and apply them during my upcoming deload week. Hopefully a coach will agree with you! :-)
PE: Keep your arms straight and twist more, it really looks like you are cutting your ROM on these. I'd like to see the leading end of that weight any amount behind your bum.
iM: In the first direction especially there is a sticky spot as you are coming around to the front. Try to smooth that out.
Thanks Cole!! As much as I want to move on... This lower back area is, for me, what needs the most attention. I had low back surgery (L4-5 microdiscetomy) about 12 years ago. This twisting motion has always scared the heck out of me and I have skimped on many exercises that work that area (from superman to good mornings!) for fear of over doing it. Over the past 3 weeks my low back is working hard, but with the paired mobility and weekly stretch series sessions... I (and my back) feel good!
I will work another 4 week cycle here to get a bigger range of motion and just get more comfortable with the twisting in general. I do have an easier time moving in one direction on swivel hips than the other!! Man... You guys don't miss a thing!! Haha
Thanks so much for your input!! :-)
Good you mentioned the surgery, that can change things a bit. Keep in mind that with 12 years between, everything that is going to heal is healed.
So for now, with this element, first work on just straightening the arms sitting chest up and twisting any amount from the waist. No pain allowed, but stick with this one for a little while. This isn't a race, and no one is giving out medals for getting to PE2.
The idea is, using this very simple as safe exercise, to simply get used to the idea that you can move from this area. Going slowly, gracefully and with full awareness.
There was no fusion in the surgery, just removal of protruding disk material?
Hi Cole,
Thanks for the input. No fusion. Just extruded disc material was lifted of the sciatic nerve that was giving me pain and numbness down my leg. I was very lucky. As soon as I woke the awful pain was gone and I just had to recover from the surgery. Which I did just fine... However a year later had my first son c-section and then a few years later had another c-section to birth my second son. To say the least... My core has been compromised.
I think four more weeks here is a good idea too. Should I start over at week 8? Or work week 11 for three weeks then deload?
Choose the option that feels best for you, there's no right or wrong with that choice.