This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Side Lever warm up for all planes of motion

Started by DouglasMN, February 5, 2016 · 2 Replies · 132 Views

DouglasMN

Alessandro -


 


You requested that I post this in F4, but I think this is the appropriate baord as SL SE1 is an F3 exercise.


 


Could I get a little more guidance on SL warmup? I just moved on to SE1, but had only been warming up with a set of RLL in a headstand against the wall. This should have me covered for back extension, but I'm looking for good options for spine rotation and side flexion. Do Windshield Wipers fit in for rotation? What else might you include from the PEs specifically besides RLL?


 


Thanks in advance -


J0X

I warm up the shoulders with therabands, and i do hollow rocks and some mobilisation of the trunk and obliques with a 5kg plate. I can also recommend doing some pull/chin ups to warm up the forearm and bicep.

Jon Douglas

I have had gains across the board, including weighted work, by adding a regular single set higher rep core warmup; 1 x30 v-ups, archups or RLL, and side arch rocks (until I can replace the v ups with stall bar HLL :) ). Add thoracic rotation and you're covering these pretty well.