Frog Stand Question?

Started by Liosis, October 19, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,444 Views

Liosis

When I do the Frog Stand, I have found that there are a couple different ways I can do it, but I was wondering what is the proper way, and the best way for advancing the progression.

1. I can get into position and basically balance it without intense contraction...Basically balancing my bodyweight on my forearms and wrists. This usually results in me falling backwards instead of forwards.

2. Same as number 1 except I actively push into the ground creating much more contraction...as if I was attempting to push my bent arms into a straight arm position. This usually results in me being more likely to fall forward than backwards.

Which one is correct? Any other advice as to proper form and execution. Number 2 is much more difficult, especially on the wrists, which makes me assume that it is the better way?

Thanks

Blairbob

I prefer #2. It also means you are leaning more forwards which is what planche is all about. Leaning forwards.

Liosis

That's what I was thinking. #2 seems like it would be a more natural progression towards the planche...so that's what I'll stick with. BTW, thanks for your replies, they are very helpful and extremely quick.

Blairbob

I don't have much of a life besides being a computer addick/tech. So I'm bored a lot.

I'm working on solving these but it requires finding a female to take up my time, which is probably good in the long run...I think. :roll: :mrgreen:

Liosis

LOL...she better be into gymnastics! :D