This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hungry after dinner

Started by DBeckerman, February 2, 2016 · 3 Replies · 206 Views

DBeckerman

Hi Jeff and all,

For some reason I get almost insatiably hungry in the evening after dinner. It might be my portion size but I feel they are probably over generous as it is!

Ironically I don't wake up hungry and when I have had to cut weight for judo comps I only ever got hungry by midday.

I guess my question is: Is there anything I can do to curb it or do I just have to suck it up ?

Thanks for any advice,

Dave

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Maybe eat something? I usually get hungry at dinner if I didn't eat enough over the course of the day. Try a bigger breakfast and lunch, or, less favorably, a snack before bed.

Jeff Serven

I second what Dan said. Start with a bigger breakfast and go from there. The reason people get ravenously hungry in the evening is because they are usually behind on eating. Start with 3 solid meals. Again, focus on breakfast first as its the most commonly messed up meal. 

DBeckerman

Noted thank you. I will look at upping my breakfast intake and see how that goes. I was just happy to have had to suck it up!