Circus School

Started by Weib, October 18, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,447 Views

Weib

uH-jQN3Ln60

A revealing look at the rigorous physical training endured by young Chinese acrobatic students.

gymmie

It's really amazing to see the kind of feats they are doing but isn't the training too tough and insane. I mean come on they are just kids right :(

Weib

I hear ya, but in the Asian cultural perspective hardship is a virtue.

sacrifice is a must and they'll do anything they can just to gain a better opportunity in life.

There is nothing much to look for in life for them but this chance to break out of poverty.

On the lighter note, the last artistic floor routine was awesome.

one arm planche to handstand..

Nick Van Bockxmeer

yeah that kid was very good at handbalancing.

That was hard to watch, when I was watching that I just wanted the coaches to say SOMETHING nice to them or just once acknowledge a good effort. Who knows, they might. It is a documentary after all and its hard so say whether they just picked out the worst bits of months of footage.

Sternford

The worst for me was probably either that girl injuring her shoulder or that boy having his leg pushed past his face

Longshanks

That was realy hard to watch. Poor little bugger just wanted a good meal. I wouldnt have had a hope in hell. I thought the yanks were meant to have reputation for competitiveness but that was just rediculous. I'd take mediocrity and a fun childhood any day of the week