This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straight leg windmill press

Started by Doug Emerson, February 1, 2016 · 1 Replies · 204 Views

Doug Emerson

First time posting, long time lurker. I have recently purchased F1 and have been working on all the basics. I just figured I'd start at the beginning and see what happens. I figure I'd quit thinking I know better and just follow the program.

 

My question is about the straight leg windmill. Is this similar to the Kettlebell Windmill? It looks like the kid in the video has his feet turned out at a 45 degree angle. I was doing these more like the windmill press with my feet placed like you would doing the kettlebell or the windmill pose in yoga.

 

Does it matter which way you have your feet?  These feel amazing and I'm also starting to get some good definition in my obliques.

 

Coach Sommer

- No, these are not a KB windmill.

 

- Yes, the foot position matters.  

 

- Be sure to kick the hip out to the side prior to begin the descent.

 

- Note that both legs remain straight at all times.

 

- It is important to not simply bend over, but also to completely rotate the shoulder of the supporting hand as close to 360 degrees as you can.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer