This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 and MN/PE1iM

Started by Mikel, January 31, 2016 · 10 Replies · 215 Views

Mikel

Hi everybody,

I'd like to know what do you think about this strength element and the coupled mobility. I don't know if my knees get close enough or there is something else I should be addressing.

Thank you beforehand for your time and feedback.

 

https://youtu.be/kS_QriyfVa8

 

Mikel--

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Hi Mikel!

 

Nice work! Here are some notes about the PE and iM:

On the PE try not letting the legs bent that much and point your toes!

On the iM stand in a wider stand.

 

Good luck!

Mikel

Thank you, Itamar, for your tips.

 

I definitely understand what you mean and will work on not bending my knees so much. I've spent most of the time focusing on taking my knees close to my chest.

 

Regarding the Stiff Legs Windmill, I think I remember Coach Sommer said we should try and gradually evolve to a shoulder width stance. Can anyone shed some light into this?

 

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

 

Mikel.-

Mikel

No more comments? Anybody?

 

MattiasF

Nice work, here comes some comments from a newbie so they might be incorrect.

PE:

- Focus more on chest upright and forward, less on head forward and hunching over.

- Point toes.

iM:

- Looks good perhaps a bit more twist in the upper arm at the bottom and less twist in the body when upright, just go back to neutral.

Mikel

Thank you MattiasF, I'll concentrate on your tips.

 

Cole Dano

Everything is fine, only thing to mention is on the tuck ups, bend your knees right away and pull them to your chest, keeping toe point, so toes stay low to the floor. 

 

iM is fine, all the better if you can manage that foot spacing.

Easto

I have a questions about this exercise as well.

 

In the MN/PE1 are you legs supposed to be together - knees touching?

 

I feel when I do these, my thigh its my abs before I can get them into my chest.   If I open my knees I can bring my legs in tighter to the chest.

Ryan Reynolds

Post your own form check Easto

Cole Dano

Ryan is right, one form customer per form check :)

Mikel
Cole Dano said:

Everything is fine, only thing to mention is on the tuck ups, bend your knees right away and pull them to your chest, keeping toe point, so toes stay low to the floor. 

 

iM is fine, all the better if you can manage that foot spacing.

Hi Cole,

 

Thank you so much for your answer. Hopefully, I'll be passing my Mastery next week after a veeery long time with these. Pointing my toes is an issue for me, although I'm getting better thanks to FSS with seiza exercises.

 

Yours in the fight...

 

Mikel.-