This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Out of curiosity..

Started by John Daniel, January 30, 2016 · 5 Replies · 270 Views

John Daniel

Jeff,

 

Did you learn a lot what you are teaching here in the Navy, or afterward?

 

Also, I am not sure if you are familiar with Goruck, but it would be seriously fun to create a Custom Goruck Heavy for Thrive!  For those of you not familiar with it, it is a 24 team strength and endurance event led by Special Forces guys.  http://www.goruck.com/heavy/c/28 Very rewarding experience.

Jeff Serven

John,

 

Good question! I would have to say both. It started in the SEAL Teams, I wanted to perform better and I saw nutrition as the easiest way to do that. As time went on I became more interested in learning and coaching others to the point where now I am no longer in the Navy and all I do is coach others. 

 

We could go to a Buffett for 24 hours and see who can eat the most amount of Thrive approved foods? 

 

Did you do a one of these Go Ruck events?

John Daniel

I have done 4 goruck events including one Heavy that clocked in at 27.5 hours. I am pretty sure it was harder than the buffet challenge! Every civilian in America should at least do a challenge. It's a great experience.

Thanks for the info.

Jeff Serven

Don't go counting out the buffet challenge just yet!

 

Wow you really like those things! 4? 

John Daniel

Yeah, I have found I can't explain it to people why I do it.  Either they say cool, and join me, or think I am nuts.  I did the Heavy at 43 years old this year, I am pretty proud my body didn't break.  Carrying 110lbs 6 miles at the 18 hour mark was a real low point.  I know you have seen a lot worse...but it still sucked!

Jeff Serven

Good on ya'