This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3

Started by Andre737, January 29, 2016 · 11 Replies · 381 Views

Andre737

This is my latest form of HBP/PE3.Currently I'm doing 5x5.What do you think?

Ben G

I think this looks pretty good Andre737.

I had a comment from a form check a while back to point my toes on this, which has been really difficult for me to do for some reason.

Nice job.

Alessandro Mainente

Rom is good, you tend to lose lean because of your feet, you are reducing the dorsi-flexion angle, this mean that the body moved backward. relax your feet.

Jon Douglas
Ben G said:

I think this looks pretty good Andre737.

I had a comment from a form check a while back to point my toes on this, which has been really difficult for me to do for some reason.

Nice job.

Because its a desperate attempt by the body to move some of the weight onto the feet. We are all about efficiency, which ironically is not the most efficient for strength training ;)

Andre737

Thanks a lot for your answers.I tried it with keeping the dorsi flexion angle of my feet and this makes that exercise a lot more challenging!

But to be honest it's hard enough when the feet are not completely relaxed and if I watch the course video the feet from the athelete are not relaxed as well.For sure I will keep that in my head and try to work on that but it is mandatory for mastery?

post-6813-0-61379700-1454143134_thumb.jp

Cole Dano

The main indicator I look for is; do the elbows remain in front of the wrist for the entire rep. It doesn't have to be far in front, even a hair will do but it must remain in front.

 

On the descent the elbows will look for a way to get over the wrists, not in front of.

Andre737
Cole Dano said:

The main indicator I look for is; do the elbows remain in front of the wrist for the entire rep. It doesn't have to be far in front, even a hair will do but it must remain in front.

 

On the descent the elbows will look for a way to get over the wrists, not in front of.

Great answer Cole!

If I figuered it out correctly you mean the first part of my descent?As I descent further the ellbow moves over the wrist.

Cole Dano

Look at about half way down, your elbow is stacked over the wrist. Compare the same point to the demo video. It's that little bit more lean that makes all the difference.

Andre737

This time I have tried to relax my feet and increase my lean during the whole descent:

Is that an acceptable form to build up more reps?

Cole Dano

Nice improvement!

Andre737

Thanks for all your inputs!

It's the details that matter!That's one of the many things I like at Foundation!

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Just a few things to keep in mind...

1. As you push your body weight upward...externally rotate your upper arms as you flex your triceps.

2. Hold your core muscles tight. Your core muscles include your lats, serrats, obliques, both walls of your abdominals, and your lower back. Some might consider the shoulder rotator cuff muscles as "Core" muscle groups.