This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE1 Mastery Test

Started by Primalisten, January 29, 2016 · 4 Replies · 105 Views

Primalisten

 

I've been at it for a few weeks now, and today it was time to make a mastery attempt at the SLS/PE1 element. 

Check it out and let me know what you think. 

Personally I didn't feel that I had too much trouble strength wise. I could probably do two more rounds, even though I got my temperature up quite a bit from this. 
The two main issues that I felt was 1, that I got a bit unfocused which made me stumble a couple of times (however I tried to compensate by adding extra reps), and 2, that my skiers wasn't deep enough, perhaps. 

Over all I had a good training session today. Except for my back. It burns  :) 
I think you can see in the video that my back turned red from scrubbing agains the floor. 

Young Chan

Strength element looks great :)

Looks really effortless.

Yeah skier should go deeper. Hope u master it soon :P

~Atticus

You're doing it exactly the way that it should be done. Nice work.

 

Most people compensate their lack of mobility by using a lot of momentum to propel them upwards; others "cheat" by raising their feet a little bit higher than they should on the return phase, to make it easier for them to rise.

 

Case in point: I cheated my way through to "mastery" by using a lot more momentum than was necessary. Eventually, when I realized that Foundation wasn't a race, I wised up and returned to deck squats to eliminate the momentum part. 

Primalisten

Thank you for your feedback! :) 

I know I CAN go deeper in skiers, so I will try to do that from now on. 
It's just a nagging feeling that I might hurt my knees with that mobility exercise (not to mention the PE2>iM !)
I have a difficult time finding just how deep I should go. 
 

Jon Douglas

Looks good tbh. Keeping up with your front split ankle flex should get you the last of this pretty quick. You may want to do some reps after doing the series to build the habit of going deeper than you would cold.