This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1 Only Strength Form Check

Started by Young Chan, January 28, 2016 · 3 Replies · 153 Views

Young Chan

I'm still working on my Swivel Hips. I just want to check my form on the strength element.

 

 

sPL/PE1 Front view (2nd set)

https://youtu.be/02viQxGYlYc

 

sPL/PE1 Top view (3rd set)

https://youtu.be/jogpJX9oz78

 

sPL/PE1 Side view (4th set)

https://youtu.be/ifW1Mc30TFM

 

Some specific questions down below.

 

How far should the arm width be? Should I go wider so I can down deeper?

post-20339-0-56452600-1454005575_thumb.p

 

 

How far back shoulder I aim for my arms? Or is the planche position not being addressed in this element?

post-20339-0-22284800-1454005591_thumb.p

 

On the top of the rep, I kinda round my back and make the hollow position to flair my scapular slightly more than when I keep a straight back. Should I carry on with this or am I supposed to keep a straight back?

post-20339-0-14920400-1454005594_thumb.p

 

 

Thanks in advance! :)

 

 

Cole Dano

RoM looks great, really the main thing here is to be able to touch the scaps at the bottom and open them at the top. Beyond that everything else is gravy.

 

Arm spacing is what you feel is comfortable, and where you feel your protraction is at it's strongest. Some like a little narrower others wider, it's all good.

 

For plank work, shoulders are directly over the wrists.

 

At the top you are hollowing too much from the belly, which leads to piked, high in the air, hips. it's fine at first but as we go on the sPL progression the hips will end up in line with the body and the hollow happening more in the chest. ironically this takes more core strength than the pike hip version, though you wouldn't think it at first.

Young Chan
Cole Dano said:

RoM looks great, really the main thing here is to be able to touch the scaps at the bottom and open them at the top. Beyond that everything else is gravy.

 

Arm spacing is what you feel is comfortable, and where you feel your protraction is at it's strongest. Some like a little narrower others wider, it's all good.

 

For plank work, shoulders are directly over the wrists.

 

At the top you are hollowing too much from the belly, which leads to piked, high in the air, hips. it's fine at first but as we go on the sPL progression the hips will end up in line with the body and the hollow happening more in the chest. ironically this takes more core strength than the pike hip version, though you wouldn't think it at first.

 

Thanks Cole :)

 

Regarding the hollowing of the body, how is this?

 

sPL/PE1 Strength Side view

https://youtu.be/dhEBbRlhqYE

 

This does feel more demanding on the core compared to the piked version :)

 

Left is the recent session

post-20339-0-09872700-1454704373_thumb.p

Young Chan

Bump up