This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE7

Started by Shellberight, January 27, 2016 · 7 Replies · 247 Views

Shellberight

I haven't progressed to this PE in H1 but would like to get a form check because I'm doing wall handstands as part of Stretch. So it's not much weekly volume but I'd like to do the S exercise with as good a form as possible.

 

I think I need to get my shoulders more open (more flexion). Also focusing on shrugging and protracting. How's PPT etc.? Doing H1 iMs 9 and 10 helped me a lot to improve PPT.

 

https://youtu.be/B7qa_ChjB2k

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Done this way is practically useless especially for stretch.

Obvious is the lack of shoulders flexion, you need to spend the most of the work on the first elements of H1. PPT is indirectly linked to shoulders flexibility, so no reason to look on more advanced elements, simply step back.

Shellberight

Thanks Alessandro. How's my iM1? Just wondering if I should continue training it or move to a later flexion exercise.

I wasn't doing the stretch exercise here, just a static hold. Should I continue training it in the Stretch series or wait till my flexion has improved in H1?

Alessandro Mainente

I do not nee any IM1.

Handstand and stretch series should be trained in the same period. one helps the other.

Petri Widsten

I've mastered iM1 and am currently doing the flexion exercises in Stretch as well as H1 iMs 2 and 5. Today I reached what I believe is my best form yet on the 24s mark of the video, at least in terms of PPT. I can hold a wall handstand for 75s at least, feeling it is my traps doing the work.

My question is: based on the form on the 24s mark, do I need still more flexion and if so, are there other iMs I could do in addition to or instead of the ones I'm doing?

https://youtu.be/b08zrFXUg4k

 

Alessandro Mainente

HS PE7 does not need only flexion, it needs all the previous elements to be mastered and showed correctly.

DId you master them? you can expect good result on HS PE7.

DIdn't you master them? step back on what you need.

Petri Widsten

Not yet Alessandro but as I'm already required to do handstands in S3 I'd like to do that exercise with the best form I'm able to at the moment. This is why your advise would be helpful.

I intend to master all previous exercises, not only because of handstanding but because I can see how the strength and mobility gained will help me in Foundation and reduce the chance of injury.. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

If you can do hs then you will do it, but it is not a reason to rush with progression.