This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 Progress

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, January 26, 2016 · 5 Replies · 87 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Nope, not mastered, but am just wondering on people's thoughts. This is an update and a proper 'check' on form, rather than a request for mastery. Let me know your thoughts, thanks.

 

 

(these are being performed with two 30lb. dumbbells, will progress to 65lbs after this block most likely)

 

Ryan Bailey

Hey Daniel, regarding your straddle leg lift video.... can you now lean forward with feet on ground, lift your butt with hands on floor, then stand into a wide standing staddle? You know like the last exercise in Middle split? I can not, almost did last night. But, I wonder if for those who have enough straddle and flexion compression to do that can also complete full ROM MN PE 2. Just curious.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I find that that exercise from MSs works more of the (forgive my anatomical ignorance) inside of the hips, the adductors (?). In that the last exercise is a bit like frog rocks but a more advanced or complicated version. Does that make sense? The difference being that while that movement works the inside of the hips, MN/PE2 works more of the hip flexion or the top of hips, which is where I lack a lot of strength. I know that these areas are intertwined, but I find that the nuance in which muscles are being engaged changes the difficulty and the focus of the exercise. In answer to your question, I can perform the last exercise in MSs with the arm assist to get me off the ground (Daniel Chan performs it nicely without hands on his FB video), but I have not seen it translate over into this foundation element -- at least not yet.

Ryan Bailey

Ya I gotchya. Good progress by the way! You're killin it.

Shellberight

Looking pretty good to me. I think you just need to get your torso more upright while maintaining that level of leg height. I'm not sure but there might be a small bend in your knees - hard to tell. I'm working on the same issues.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah, I'm only on block one. The straddle leg lifts really target the muscles needed for this exercise. I'm hoping by March to have the necessary ROM and then can start increasing up to Block 2 and Block 3. Just getting over a cold and had to take care of ailing elders in the fam, plus new years travels so my schedule should be a bit more consistent forthcoming. Updates to come...