This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE3 + iM Form Check

Started by Young Chan, January 26, 2016 · 12 Replies · 158 Views

Young Chan

Could someone have a look and check please?

BrettCross

Nice work! I would put a bit more time in on the PE to solidify the reps at the end of the set. Looks like your hips may drift out of alignment on the difficult reps, but hard to say from that angle.

Cole Dano

Brett got that right, it's basically there, just needs some more time to get solid.

 

On the iM try to twist more from the torso and less from the hips.

Young Chan
BrettCross said:

Nice work! I would put a bit more time in on the PE to solidify the reps at the end of the set. Looks like your hips may drift out of alignment on the difficult reps, but hard to say from that angle.

 

 

Cole Dano said:

Brett got that right, it's basically there, just needs some more time to get solid.

 

On the iM try to twist more from the torso and less from the hips.

 

I haven't subscribed to Pro+ but I've been seeing people mention how the tempos of the exercises are faster than expected, so I upped the tempo as well.

 

How does it look now? More solid?

 

I've also worked on not twisting my hips as much on the iM like Cole mentioned.

 

 

 

SL/PE3 Strength (5th set)

https://youtu.be/o0rbkbaxhH4

 

SL/PE3 > iM Front view

https://youtu.be/m7Jq0KJQ-uU

 

SL/PE3 > iM Side view

https://youtu.be/nazDu-bE4NU

 

Thanks again :P

Cole Dano

Use the tempo on the course videos, find your tempo. Don't go by hearsay and force an unnatural rhythm on yourself.

 

PE: Because I know you can.

Keep the upper chest facing forward, don't let it drop down and hollow in.

Keep you head in line with the spine, it may even feel the top of your head is pointing down when you come up.

 

iM: Try to really twist from your waist to you chest. Let the squeeze of the twist almost 'throw' you back between reps.

Young Chan
On 9 February 2016 at 8:17 PM, Cole Dano said:

Use the tempo on the course videos, find your tempo. Don't go by hearsay and force an unnatural rhythm on yourself.

 

PE: Because I know you can.

Keep the upper chest facing forward, don't let it drop down and hollow in.

Keep you head in line with the spine, it may even feel the top of your head is pointing down when you come up.

 

iM: Try to really twist from your waist to you chest. Let the squeeze of the twist almost 'throw' you back between reps.

The new forum layout needs some getting used to :P

 

The first few reps on the 1st set strength element is me trying to apply the two advices by Cole. Head in line with spine and chest facing forward rather than down.

I also did something a bit different for the mobility element. I didn't bounce, instead I contracted my legs to keep the hip facing forward while at the same time twisted my torso sideways. I felt that I couldn't yet stop my hips facing forward while bouncing yet

 

SL/PE3 Front view (1st set)

 

SL/PE3 Top view (2nd set)

 

SL/PE3 > iM Front view (1st set)

 

SL/PE3 > iM Side view (2nd set)

 

SL/PE3 + iM Front view (5th set)

 

How does it look now? Anymore fixes?

 

Cole Dano

The PE looks great.

On the iM maybe I should have said slow down the tempo of your original post. Now it's too forced, it still needs to be smooth, but without so much throwing yourself into it as the first one.

Young Chan Park
On 14 February 2016 at 8:54 AM, Cole Dano said:

The PE looks great.

On the iM maybe I should have said slow down the tempo of your original post. Now it's too forced, it still needs to be smooth, but without so much throwing yourself into it as the first one.

SL/PE3 > iM Side view

 

SL/PE3 > iM Front view

 

 

Like this?

Cole Dano

Yes, looks good!

Young Chan Park
48 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:

Yes, looks good!

I'm currently on my deload week now. Should I do a few more weeks or do you think it'll be ok to move onto PE4 after the deload week but do the mobility during warm-up as well?

Cole Dano

Move on

Young Chan Park
Just now, Cole Dano said:

Move on

Ok Boss :)