This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 + iM

Started by Young Chan, January 25, 2016 · 9 Replies · 257 Views

Young Chan

For the strength element, I'm working on protraction and depression.

 

Am I protracting correctly?

It may also look like I'm resting on the floor but I'm actually pausing briefly just off the floor (Honestly :) )

 

 

HBP/PE2 Side view

https://youtu.be/fYprM3woCVE

 

HBP/PE2 > iM Front view (3kg weight)

https://youtu.be/fxrZlzZNRJw

 

 

Thanks in advance!

Pafke

Your scapula is sticking out becouse your elevating it, protract and then depress strong and then it should be fine.

On IM i think that your rotating whole body to much.

korija

PE looks good. And you should twist your body on the IM if you aren't mobile enough, like you did.

Cole Dano

iM is fine; add a bit little weight next time and really work to get your shoulder to your ear at the top of the rep. The twisting of your body is fine.

 

PE; The biggest issue is at the very beginning of the press up from the bottom, see how the chest leads and you start to arch, creating a complete change in body shape? This is a very common defect in push ups which is generally caused by lack of core strength/control or lack of pressing strength which forces the compensation.

 

It's CRITICAL to fix this before moving on or the next element PE3 will be impossible.

 

The 2nd issue is you over correct at the top which will consume a lot of energy we need to put into fixing the bottom. But we can worry about that later and as part of working on sPL PE3.

Young Chan
Cole Dano said:

iM is fine; add a bit little weight next time and really work to get your shoulder to your ear at the top of the rep. The twisting of your body is fine.

 

PE; The biggest issue is at the very beginning of the press up from the bottom, see how the chest leads and you start to arch, creating a complete change in body shape? This is a very common defect in push ups which is generally caused by lack of core strength/control or lack of pressing strength which forces the compensation.

 

It's CRITICAL to fix this before moving on or the next element PE3 will be impossible.

 

The 2nd issue is you over correct at the top which will consume a lot of energy we need to put into fixing the bottom. But we can worry about that later and as part of working on sPL PE3.

Thank you for clarifying Cole :)

 

I'll work on that :P

Young Chan
Cole Dano said:

iM is fine; add a bit little weight next time and really work to get your shoulder to your ear at the top of the rep. The twisting of your body is fine.

 

PE; The biggest issue is at the very beginning of the press up from the bottom, see how the chest leads and you start to arch, creating a complete change in body shape? This is a very common defect in push ups which is generally caused by lack of core strength/control or lack of pressing strength which forces the compensation.

 

It's CRITICAL to fix this before moving on or the next element PE3 will be impossible.

 

The 2nd issue is you over correct at the top which will consume a lot of energy we need to put into fixing the bottom. But we can worry about that later and as part of working on sPL PE3.

HBP/PE2 STR Corrected

https://youtu.be/rYggt43nQkY

 

How is this? 

 

 

With the iM today, I've accidentally increased the weight from 3kg to 4.5kg. I was intending it to be 3.5kg... I'm going to do 3.5kg next session and progressively increase as I gain strength. No correction on the form is to be made other than to keep in mind that I need to raise my arm close to the shoulders right?

 

Like this (Me doing 4.5kg iM with squinted face)

post-20339-0-47346700-1454004022_thumb.p

 

Thanks again :)

Cole Dano

Big improvement. Now try to get the hips to touch the floor at the same time as your chest.

 

The last few reps started to look fairly strained, I'd rather you cut the set  just when the reps start to deteriorate. If you feel like you need more work, just do an extra set or two instead.

Young Chan Park
On 28 January 2016 at 6:09 PM, Cole Dano said:

Big improvement. Now try to get the hips to touch the floor at the same time as your chest.

 

The last few reps started to look fairly strained, I'd rather you cut the set  just when the reps start to deteriorate. If you feel like you need more work, just do an extra set or two instead.

I'm on my Deload week so its 5 sets 5 reps.

 

HBP/PE2 1st set

 

HBP/PE2 2nd set

 

HBP/PE2 3rd set

 

HBP/PE2 4th set

 

HBP/PE2 5th set

 

Sorry for spamming so many videos. Its set 1-5.

I contracted my quads and hip area to get a straight body. Has this improved?

 

My form looks best on the first and third set, but my eyes are unexperienced. Is the form ok?

 

Cole Dano

I'm just going to comment on the first set.

Form is very good, one tiny nit pick, the floor isn't a resting place, I like the focused pause at the bottom, just make sure you're not actually resting any weight on the floor. 

Wayne Grima

Nice Young, you just showed me how I need to have a flat low back (PPT) when I do this element, I get the picture now.