This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hidden progress

Started by Sisyphus, January 25, 2016 · 3 Replies · 363 Views

Sisyphus

Just a quick post to say that, despite hating nearly every stretch in this series and generally feeling like I've made no progress whatsoever for the past nine or so months since I started, I surprised myself the other day by slipping into more or less a full split after a session. 

 

I suspect that Foundation and H2 have done much of the groundwork (when I started foundation after years of competitive running, I had to warm up before I could touch my toes!) but the regular persistent chipping away has worked without me even realising it. Even now I would still bet folding money that SE22 / SE23 hasn't changed since last summer!

 

It's not pretty by any definition, and I can see in my shoddy picture that I have a little more to go until full contact along the ground but it represents a quantum leap as far as I'm concerned! 

 

post-6944-0-91179000-1453728001_thumb.pn

 

Anyway - Thanks Coach! (I can say that now because I don't have to do the standing achilles or single leg pikes for at least another week). 

 

El Chino

Oh wow that's awesome man- congrats! I've only just got back into training GB after a long layoff and still in my first month of the stretch courses. Am tight as a piece of dried out leather but looking forward to being where you are now. It must be a nice feeling to find you are able to do something like the splits after all that hard effort!

Coach Sommer
Sisyphus said:

... but the regular persistent chipping away has worked without me even realising it ...

 

Congratulations on your progress.  This is exactly how the courses are designed to work.  This is also a good illustration of why people who are impatient and attempt to 'cheat time' by constantly increasing intensity always fail.

 

Tissues remodel on their own schedule.  And no amount of wishing or striving will change that.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Kevin Herring

sigh...

Really not seeing very much in FS and even less in MS.  

Try more patience, less striving.