Are the cues "touching heels " mandatory for peapole with valgus knees?
Example: keeping the heels togheter put a lot of stress on my knees ( need to point outward the kness for achieve that position )
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Giacomo Bignardi, January 25, 2016 · 2 Replies · 108 Views
Are the cues "touching heels " mandatory for peapole with valgus knees?
Example: keeping the heels togheter put a lot of stress on my knees ( need to point outward the kness for achieve that position )
You should aim to solve the problem is knee valgus.
For most people is a hips muscles imbalances.
Hi!
Apologies for reviving/piggybacking this thread. I noticed that I have quite a bit more valgus knees than the athletes demoing in the videos, although nothing that causes me any obvious trouble. In a number of elements though, I find that I can greatly increase my ROM in the exercise or rather make it feel a LOT less awkward and more fluid if my feet are slightly apart (about 2-3 fingers in between) because my knees no longer are "squished" against each other - the exercises I feel ths playing a role in quite significantly would be Skiers (a totally different exercise compared to feet touching), Standing Hip Circles and standing pike stretches (knees lock out much easier, giving a much better stretch). This may sound like nitpicking but that variation actually makes a world of difference for me how the exercises feel.
Is it okay to keep working these exercises with the feet slightly apart for now, possibly with the goal to eventually have them together? Or should I rather have feet touching all the time.