This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder flex against wall: a question

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, January 24, 2016 · 1 Replies · 96 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi guys!

Today I tried to perform a shoulder flexion mobility test while sitting against a wall.

Here's a video:

 

 

On the left I handle a broomstick, on the right it's a free attempt.

As I expected I found that if I  handle a broomstick I have no problem to keep whole back and hands against the wall... But If I don't handle anything no chance to reach the wall with my arms... my question is: why? Is it normal?

  Just by curiosity!

Thnaks to all!

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

when you hold the bar your hands are locked in place and you can focus only on specific trap work. with free hands you need a tons of more work to do not only to lift the arms but also to hold the hands one near the other one.

is the same problem of extension.  I can do 90° shoulders extension while holding the hands in a ring, but what about the range of motion without a rings? embarrassing.