This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

confused--system unclear to me

Started by erinnova, January 24, 2016 · 7 Replies · 217 Views

erinnova

Hello--Getting started with the handstand series and totally confused what do to.  I'm not finding the flow of information clear to figure out how to navigate my workouts. 

 

Specifically, I think I figured out how to start and the first workout was too simple. I went ahead and did the head Tripod HS1/PE1 for the full 5x60s and want to communicate that to my workouts so I can start at a progression that's more challenging for me but I can't figure out how to advance the workouts appropriately. 

 

I've done a fair amount of digging around and reading and feel pretty frustrated. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Ravn

The H1 workout is pretty short, and for the first many exercises, the iM's are much harder than the pe's.

The workout structure is as follows :

Wrist stretches

Wrist strength work sets

PE & iM work sets

erinnova

Thanks. That makes sense, and is what I did. But, I need to advance the workouts several weeks to start at a more appropriate level.  

 

Any ideas how to do that?

Alessandro Mainente

Test the first week, can you do it? move to the second and so soon. do dot move forward without test.

erinnova

Alessandro,  I did test it, and I logged the workout with the notes reflecting what i did (60s) vs the required work (12s) but I need to advance several weeks--week 1 was sets of 12s and I am able to do the required work to move onto the next progression entirely.  

 

What I cannot figure out how to do is advance the workouts enough, bc I run into deload week issues and don't understand how to manually configure things from workout dialogue. 

 

Am I missing something, bc other than the workouts and demo videos, figuring out how to navigate things feels very confusing and unintuitive. Trying and feeling my hands are tied!

Cory Fair
erinnova said:

Alessandro,  I did test it, and I logged the workout with the notes reflecting what i did (60s) vs the required work (12s) but I need to advance several weeks--week 1 was sets of 12s and I am able to do the required work to move onto the next progression entirely.  

 

What I cannot figure out how to do is advance the workouts enough, bc I run into deload week issues and don't understand how to manually configure things from workout dialogue. 

 

Am I missing something, bc other than the workouts and demo videos, figuring out how to navigate things feels very confusing and unintuitive. Trying and feeling my hands are tied!

 

Instead of clicking 'advance week' the best way is to click on the settings button underneath the day and choose "PE2." You can either start at week 1 for it or try to test out using week 11.

 

workoutsetting.png

Dylan Robertson

I prefer to note everything down in a Journal or my Notes on my phone instead of using the online planner, as I can adjust it to however much I want. If you can do the 5x60s of Tripod, but not the mobility, then do 5x60s of Tripod each workout, and do some extra mobility work, and still deload every 4 week.. If you can also do the mobility to mastery, then move to the next progressions, and see where you are at on that.

erinnova

this makes much more sense.  Thank you Cory and Dylan for the explanation and advice.