This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Should I Be Exhausted?

Started by Roderick, January 24, 2016 · 6 Replies · 320 Views

Roderick

Hello, everyone! Just purchased the Foundations 1 course and I had a question.

 

After doing my first day of training from the workout calendar I wasn't left feeling exhausted or in a sweating heap on the floor. I actually felt pretty fine. Is that normal? 

 

Don't get me wrong, completing day one was hard for me, I had to take it slow and steady through all of the steps, but most especially through mobility because of how tight I am in certain areas. I had no idea that kind of stuff could even get painful, but surprisingly the swivel hips mobility exercise was surprisingly painful. 

 

However I'm not a person you would call "physically fit" and the idea that I finished my first day of training without wanting to keel over makes me think I'm doing something wrong...

Leonhard Krahé

Don't worry, you (probably) did nothing wrong just because you aren't tired. Just keep going, it's going to become pretty tough eventually ;)

Mats Trane

Don't worry. You are not doing anything wrong. It will come . By the way rest very shortly , the Im is you rest.

Joshua Slocum
Roderick said:

Hello, everyone! Just purchased the Foundations 1 course and I had a question.

 

After doing my first day of training from the workout calendar I wasn't left feeling exhausted or in a sweating heap on the floor. I actually felt pretty fine. Is that normal? 

 

Don't get me wrong, completing day one was hard for me, I had to take it slow and steady through all of the steps, but most especially through mobility because of how tight I am in certain areas. I had no idea that kind of stuff could even get painful, but surprisingly the swivel hips mobility exercise was surprisingly painful. 

 

However I'm not a person you would call "physically fit" and the idea that I finished my first day of training without wanting to keel over makes me think I'm doing something wrong...

That is perfectly normal. Exhaustion is not the goal - exertion that leads to adaptation is the goal. Sometimes that will leave you a sweating heap on the floor, but many times it will not.

Dylan Robertson

Oh Swivel Hips. You'll probably find that the more challenging part is the integrated mobility work, I'd recommend buying the stretch courses so that Mobility won't hinder you as much. More mobility will make progression faster, I suggest working on it.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

You said Swivel Hips were surprisingly painful. Be very cautious about mobility elements. If you find that your joints or muscles are getting acute pain, there's a great chance that you're pushing too hard on that one. Take it slowly and carefully. It will pay off later.

Cheers!