I felt good doing these, but reviewing the video I'm not sure that the angle of my shoulders is correct (I definitely struggle with shoulder flexibility)
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by IcedDante, January 23, 2016 · 7 Replies · 160 Views
I felt good doing these, but reviewing the video I'm not sure that the angle of my shoulders is correct (I definitely struggle with shoulder flexibility)
The angle isn't bad, but you need to keep resistance in the shoulders.
At the end of the move with elevated shoulders, press towards your legs and core pulls the legs in a close as possible and as high up on toes as possible.
Try lifting your feet momentarily at the top, holding the position for a second. That will teach you the feeling.
Ravn said:Try lifting your feet momentarily at the top, holding the position for a second. That will teach you the feeling.
This is what I did (eventually). Til I got there I picked up one foot alternately per rep. It feels impossible to begin with IME!
Looks like a solid start. ![]()
No need to actually lift at this phase, that will come later. It's just that little bit of trying at the end of the compression that's important.
Here's this again, taking the cue to engage the shoulders more and keep weight in the hands.
Much better work from the shoulders.
Now work to get up on your toes, keep straight legs and only walk so far that you can maintain those.
On the iM look at your knees rather than your toes, this will help you lower further from the hips.
Thanks Cole, awesome advice!