This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check L-Sit Russian Dips

Started by IcedDante, January 22, 2016 · 10 Replies · 369 Views

IcedDante

Working on compression, but elevating from the bottom of this movement back to the top causes my legs to drop fiercely and I just can't connect with the body position that would prevent that from happening. To I just need to get stronger in the L position?

 

https://youtu.be/9vX9hq44U2g

 

HBP/PE12

Jeremy Huston

I'm guessing a stronger PE11 would help the most since your upper arm support isn't really on your upper arms. You should post a PE11 form check to be sure.

 

The L itself doesn't seem to be a problem -- you maintain a consistent angle the whole time.

 

In the descent, it looks like you're lowering too far before initiating the "back" motion. When you get to this position, your torso is really leaned forward, which means your legs drop proportionally to maintain the same hip angle. Note the focus point of keeping your torso upright.

Alessandro Mainente

Lower support is on the upper arms and in order to not lose legs you should lower your body vertically, this is the aim of the movement , triceps strength to build up muscle up transition that fr its nature is vertical at the beginning.

J0X

Dont lower to elbows, lower to upper arm. If your legs drop and you are compressing hard, it just means you are not strong enough for clean form, as you are needing to lean forward to increase your leverage.

Mark Collins

The tendency is to lean forward which will make the legs drop. Keep the trunk vertical and land on the upper arms not the elbows.

IcedDante

Thanks to everyone for the assistance- I truly appreciate it. This movement is pretty tough for me and I was so focused on the L-Sit that I didn't notice I was restricting my Russian dip to the elbows as a result. Hah! Here's an updated video and, as you can see- I have a ways to go. The ascent is the part I am having trouble with right now. I'm going to continue trying to work up to 1 quality rep and then go from there.

Mark Collins

Thats getting better. It will be harder on those wobbly bars.

Cole Dano

Yeah those bars are shake city. I'm not sure if it helps or not, but try stacking some plates on the feet.

Randeep Walia

Haha- those bars are the bane of my existence, I already stacked plates on them. But I figure if I can conquer this movement here, by the time warm weather returns and I can return to the outdoor bars to Tompkins Square Park I'll be crushing it.

Randeep Walia

Progress is incremental, but there! Removing the forward lean is the hardest part. 

Douglas Wadle

definitely making progress, you're correct!  just a matter of keeping that L sit up during the ascent/descent now.  very good.  way to hang with it.