This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Manna - Windmills

Started by MikeR, January 22, 2016 · 5 Replies · 337 Views

MikeR

my mobility is very poor for the windmill exercise for PE1 for the manna. Literally I have been making no progress on it. My hamstrings are super tight. I have been working on hip hinge flexibility I can sit in a deep squat for 5 minutes straight but my hamstrings and ankles are really tight.

 

Anyway, is there something I can do to step back and get the flexibility for this exercise because I really have not made any progress in 3 month on this mobilityexericse

 

HELP!!

OMGpumas

Try straddle-ups and stick-stretch (aka "shoulder dislocates"). Raise or lower the height of the thing you're pushing off depending on your current mobility. Higher is easier. You want a height where you can push up in one move (rather than walking your hands forward on the way up). Stick stretch is better weighted, start quite light (e.g. 1 kg.)

 

Straddle ups:

 

Stick stretch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/comments/2v5smy/the_shoulder_dislocate_a_must_read_for_all/

MikeR

Awesome thanks for the support

Ravn

What weight are you using?

A pink barbie dumbell is no match for stubborn hamstrings. These can be done with 32 KG kettlebells and beyond, provided you take your time.

OMGpumas

However, if you're having trouble accessing the position because of restricted mobility, I would focus on developing the mobility before you increase the load.

MikeR

Well that's exactly the problem. I have very poor mobility and it isn't improving my rom for this drill I need something modified