This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SE10 Formcheck - how much adjustment should you have for mastery?

Started by Sisyphus, January 21, 2016 · 6 Replies · 296 Views

Sisyphus

Looking for a bit of feedback on my 60s free HS please - this is not my best set nor my worst but I feel pretty solid in this position so it seemed like a good start for a formcheck. Any pointers on the bodyline please (except the toes - I can't fully point them or I touch the ceiling!)

 

Also, after the fourth / fifth set my right forearm is much more pumped than my left and I can see from the videos I take every session that its a lively affair with constant adjustments throughout the set. Is this a problem for mastery or should I just take it through as it is. How would you stop that movement anyway?!?!

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Refine alignment, feet above  hips, hips above shoulders, shoulders above wrists, check the angle hand-forearm.

how is IM?

Sisyphus
Alessandro Mainente said:

Refine alignment, feet above  hips, hips above shoulders, shoulders above wrists, check the angle hand-forearm.

how is IM?

 

Thanks Alessandro. I should have probably asked for a form check at 30s / SE7! The iM feels pretty solid - I have been adding a increased pause at on each rep to build up for the SE11 iM.

 

In terms of bodyline then, it is the overall angle that needs work - do I try to come back onto my palms more? When I have tried that in the past I find that I have fewer options for compensating for an underbalance and tend to fall out of the HS more but it might mean less work for my forearms right?  Perhaps I will go back to SE1 with a focus on the loading of my hands for a while.

 

What about the overall stillness of the HS - is it acceptable to move as much as I do?

IcedDante

Nothing is ever perfect and there's always room to improve... but wow! That's a seriously great handstand. Where were you at before you started H1?

Sisyphus

Thanks man - that means a lot actually. I work in a bit of a vacuum here.

 

Before H1 I was officially nowhere. I could lurch about in the wobbly banana walk like just about everyone but that was about it. It has taken about two and a half years now though!

Sisyphus
Alessandro Mainente said:

Refine alignment, feet above  hips, hips above shoulders, shoulders above wrists, check the angle hand-forearm.

 

Just had another play (<60s because I lost count... duh) and I think I have found part of the problem - I wasn't engaging the glutes enough. I think this line is better. I seem to drop tension during the larger adjustments as well but hey its a work in progress!

 

Alessandro Mainente

At this point you should pass the most of the time on learning the sensation about "pulling the ribs in" that is basically a floor hollow body position.