This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PHS/pe

Started by Michael Knight, January 20, 2016 · 7 Replies · 188 Views

Michael Knight

It says in the article we can start the PE's in h2 alongside H1. Does that mean I can start although I'm only at h1/pe2 (because of the Im's like most as I can see haha) but I also play around with pe's up to pe5 and do all the ims up to im5 also.

Thanks

Jon Douglas

Yes, it does, provided you are able to perform the reps. You may notice your progress is somewhat slower until your mobility catches up however :) No point starting the SE's until you have that 30s HS though; you'll just be spinning your wheels best case, and worst case developing bad habits that will need to be undone later.

Michael Knight

Ok cheers jon. Yea I was just going to purchase it to be nosey and maybe slowly work my way through the early pe's alongside my h1 and see if it helps my overall strenght development faster.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Watch out for hamstring and hip flexibility. Manna progressions are clutch for pHS progress. They don't mention that but after a couple sessions of inverted stall bar squats you'll notice how much deep hamstring flexibility you do, or don't, have.

Michael Knight

Ok thanks dan. Well my manna is my worst exercise really. All the others I can see myself slowly making progress but with manna that compression and flexibility is a little problem as I fell off a horse last year onto my arse and although I can touch my toes it's really painful through the top of my glute and certain stretches really hurt.

I was thinking it may be best to buy stretch course instead and run that first rather than the phs then. Or do you think I should get PHS aswell?

Jon Douglas

Yeah..... the manna mobility exercises through F2 are taken to the next level in H2. If you absolutely have to choose one at the moment, I would suggest you will get more from a Stretch course right now.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

If your hamstring flexibility is that limited I would absolutely buy the stretch series. They're the best resource to help expedite foundation and handstand progress in my mind. Best of luck. I would work on Handstand one for the time, too, until your flexibility and compression in the legs, and strength and endurance in a handstand are improved.

Michael Knight

Thanks guys will buy stretch now and crack on tonight lol.