I am studying sports and have a pretty "normal" life. I have been a really good gymnast as a kid along with ballet and free running, but those two mostly for fun.
I have A LOT to do in my day, but always reserve 3 hours for my personal training every night. Just need it as a kind of down time and get my head clear and stuff.
My main goals is enjoying the workout and keeping my body fit and healthy, being able to always do pull-ups and handstands and just keeping my cool "gymnastics strength". (Love it when super muscular guys pass by and watch me with their mouth open doing press handstands - ha!)
However, I have been doing the very same thing for the last 2 years now.
Usually a short warm with ab workout (like hollow rocks and stuff).
Then 30mins of handstands (free standing, standing straddle and pike presses) followed by about 1 hour of strength (all basics, pull-ups, push-ups, leg lifts, pistol squats, leg extensions...usually 3 sets of 10).
The last hour is stretching ans prehab things. I go with this usually 5-6 days a week.
But today I read an article about crossfit saying "Routine is killer" because they always try to mix things up to create a new stimulus for the muscle.
But my goals is to keep that exact level. To keep my 5 standing presses in a row etc. And I know how fast it can go to lose that.
So what is your opinion on that?