This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE17 - Form Check

Started by J0X, January 19, 2016 · 6 Replies · 271 Views

J0X

Footage of the fourth set of HeSPU

 

https://youtu.be/WvddIv3MiI4

 

Is this good enough for mastery?

 

I am aware that during the top part of the push up I have a bit of shoulder angle and my line would further improve with slightly more PPT. Got to tidy everything up.

 

I needed a total of ~12 minutes to complete all sets.

Ravn

Solid effort, and your body alignment looks good, but I think your ROM is too short. AFAIK you should touch the floor with the crown of your head between reps, and it takes significantly more effort to get completely on top of your shoulders every rep.

BUT: you're getting there, and are certainly farther ahead than me on this element - I know how hard and slow it can be...

Alessandro Mainente

Movement an trajectory is ok, you should or maybe you must refine your handstand position.

I do not consider a free hespu complete until a solid aligned handstand is demonstrated at the end of every reps.

Mats Trane

nice strenght! Try to finish the handstand with completly shoulders.

J0X
Alessandro Mainente said:

Movement an trajectory is ok, you should or maybe you must refine your handstand position.

I do not consider a free hespu complete until a solid aligned handstand is demonstrated at the end of every reps.

How about this form? I think this is nearly optimal from my point of view. Shoulders are completely open this time. Its just a bit easier to topple forward in my opinion but this should alleviate itself with further practice...

 

http://youtu.be/_FVVCXCR1J4

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely betters, try to avoid arch. If you are arching due to lack of strength then stop before arched reps start to appear. If is a technique problem think about starting the movement with the body held in the same position while pushing vertically. This is the crucial point.

J0X
Alessandro Mainente said:

Definitely betters, try to avoid arch. If you are arching due to lack of strength then stop before arched reps start to appear. If is a technique problem think about starting the movement with the body held in the same position while pushing vertically. This is the crucial point.

It happens sometimes due to lack of tightness when I am focussed 100% on opening shoulders at the top, and due to rebalancing.

 

Out of interest, do you recommend training only freestanding, or do you sometimes use the wall and go full ROM to build strength?